• 12 large dry sea scallops, (about 1 pound; see Note)
• 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
• 1 1/4 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, (about 3 slices), cut into 12 long strips
• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 12 ounces baby spinach
1. Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each scallop. Thread 3 scallops crosswise onto each skewer (securing the prosciutto to the scallop) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in a small bowl.
4. Place spinach in a colander and rinse under cold water. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add handfuls of spinach (with water still clinging to it) to the pan and cook, stirring, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the spinach and add to the medium bowl; toss to coat with the vinaigrette. Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top each portion with 3 scallops. Drizzle the scallops with the reserved vinaigrette.
Recipe from Eating Well
Maintain Your Energy Levels
Consuming protein is important while undergoing orthodontic treatment to maintain your energy while keeping bones and teeth strong. Prosciutto-wrapped scallops with spinach are a tasty appetizer or main dish recipe that contains a lot of protein from the scallops along with the thin pieces of ham.
Highly Nutritious Recipe
The soft pieces of scallops and prosciutto are gluten free and easy for you to chew while wearing ceramic or metal braces, and this recipe’s ingredients will not damage any wires or brackets inside your mouth. In addition to protein from the thin prosciutto and the delicious seafood scallops, this meal offers vitamins A and C along with iron, magnesium and calcium.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Orthodontist
Undergoing treatment for misaligned teeth is easy by wearing Invisalign aligners or customized braces that are fitted by our orthodontist in Manhattan Beach, Calif. Dr. Patricia J. Panucci is able to examine your teeth with state-of-the-art equipment to determine the best orthodontia for your needs, including:
• Self-ligating devices
• Clear aesthetic devices
• Wild smile brackets
• Invisalign for teenagers or adults
• Lingual devices
Make sure you visit an Invisalign specialist like Patricia J. Panucci of Manhattan Beach Orthodontics. She possesses great skill and knowledge along with a compassionate nature. She offers a complimentary consultation. She will give you a thorough evaluation and help you achieve a new and improved smile with perfectly straight teeth. Schedule an appointment today!
Beach Braces, 1730 Manhattan Beach Blvd. Suite B, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
TEL: 310-379-0006 Fax: (310) 379-7051.
Gluten-Free Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops with Spinach