In order to ensure quality orthodontic care, it is important that both parents and patients understand the manner in which we schedule your appointments. Our goal is to be the best part of your day and we make it a priority to value both you and your time. Therefore, we make every effort to stay on or ahead of schedule. Inconveniencing your work schedule and interrupting your child’s studies as infrequently as possible is very important to our entire office. Since the vast majority of our patients are of school age, it is unavoidable that some school-time appointments will be necessary.
We are glad to work around your child’s important classes and provide your child with school excuses for scheduled orthodontic appointments. It is important for your child to turn these into the appropriate school official.
Our staff works hard to provide the finest orthodontic care using the most convenient scheduling system possible for you and your child. Because we have families of our own, we understand your scheduling concerns and will do everything we can to ensure your child’s treatment goes as smoothly as possible.
- LONG APPOINTMENTS, BANDING AND BONDING: These are more detailed and technique-sensitive appointments. Therefore, these appointments will be scheduled during our quieter morning hours.
- EMERGENCIES: (Pain, swelling, or bleeding) This usually results from trauma to the face or mouth. These patients will be seen as soon as possible and either appropriate care given or referral to another specialist provided for treatment.
- REPAIRS: (Loose bands or brackets, broken archwires or ties, broken appliances or retainers) These appointments are always scheduled specifically during school hours since they are long visits. The vast majority or your appointments over the course of treatment will be short appointments. By seeing our long –visit patients during school hours, it leaves more room in our schedule to see patients during after school hours.
- APPOINTMENTS BROKEN OR NOT CANCELLED WITHIN 48 HOURS: Another appointment will be scheduled but may require waiting four to six weeks. An appointment made during school hours may be arranged sooner.
- GENERAL DENTIST APPOINTMENTS: As treatment progresses, it is important to continue seeing your regular dentist every six months for a checkup and cleaning. Please let us know when you schedule your next dental appointment as we will schedule coordinating appointments to temporarily remove your wires before the visit. Immediately after your dental visit, we will replace your wires to ensure progressive tooth movement.
Thank you so much for understanding!