- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons fruit-flavored vinegar
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 2 cups sliced cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped melon, such as cantaloupe and/or honeydew
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Whisk sour cream, vinegar, sugar, poppy seeds, salt and pepper in a large bowl until smooth. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing in a small bowl. Add the mixed greens to the large bowl and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with chicken, melon, walnuts and feta. Drizzle each portion with 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing.
Recipe from Eating Well
Choose Healthy Salads for Meals
If you must avoid foods with gluten, then learn to make delicious salads that are made with chicken and fruit. Combining these two ingredients might seem unusual at first, but this type of recipe is a powerhouse of nutrition. More importantly, if you wear braces, then the small pieces of fruit and chopped chicken are easy to chew, and this is also a gluten-free recipe. An orthodontist knows that their patients’ have sensitive gums when they begin to wear Invisalign aligners or other orthodontia, and soft foods are recommended to avoid discomfort.
Consume Protein and Vitamins
It is also vitally important to consume protein to remain energetic along with getting enough minerals and vitamins to keep your bones and teeth strong. A gluten-free chicken and fruit salad is simple to pack for lunches at school, and your child will enjoy this recipe. When you visit an orthodontist for an examination, they will use a state-of-the-art computer software system to collect images of your facial structure. With this software, an orthodontic specialist can show you what will happen to your teeth if you choose to wear braces or Invisalign aligners.
Call Us Today to Schedule an Appointment
Beach Braces is located in Manhattan Beach, Calif., and this is where our orthodontist provides services to patients. Dr. Patricia J. Panucci offers orthodontic appointments to adults, teenagers and children with a variety of devices, including:
• Clear or aesthetic orthodontia
• Wild smile brackets for children and adults
• Invisalign aligners made of clear plastic
• Lingual devices worn on the backs of teeth
• Self-ligating devices that require fewer office visits
Beach Braces, 1730 Manhattan Beach Blvd. Suite B, Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
TEL: 310-379-0006 Fax: (310) 379-7051.
Gluten-Free Chicken and Fruit Salad